Thursday, February 28, 2008

March 1 spring

I'm more or less preparing myself for the holidays in May/June.
Riding from my hometown in the Netherlands to the Mont Ventoux in the south of France.
It's about 1,300 kilometer. At this moment I rode as much as last year but the total distance was somewhat larger. And as a logic consequence I feel stronger than last year. Yesterday I made some kilometers on my race bike and I didn't do my utmost to keep the average above the 30 k/hr.

It might be the weather that I could do this. We didn't have wintry weather since the second decade of December 07. No, temperatures are high and from a bright sunny on Monday we went to a rainy Tuesday, a sunny Wednesday to a wind-still Thursday. But tomorrow it'll rain again and Saturday we'll have storm.
I can't say however we had a stormy winter, far from that. And beside that Saturday is March 1st. The meteorological winter 2007/2008 is over. The book can be closed. Spring can start.

No comments: