Friday, August 08, 2008

being sick

Since I wrote last post I catched the summer flu. A lot of people are sick, catched the summerflu the doctor told me. Symptoms: fever, headache, a sore throat, painful muscles and so on.

So this week nothing happened. I was just hanging around in my bedroom. I slept for hours and the afternoon was over before I knew it. When the evening came with a low sun shining in my kitchen-window I was out of energy. I even didn't have
the energy to use the Internet since today.

I actually called the doctor. Today he told me it's a summer flu. On the Internet in read that rating non-fresh vegetables can cause it. I think that the food of last Saturday wasn't okay.

This afternoon I got a call from a man who said being the doctor dealing with absences through illnesses who wants to know what's wrong and how I feel, if I were consulting my private doctor and so on. I couldn't hear very clear because my ears were affected too. He asked me some questions and and me when I expect myself being ready for work...Next Monday I told him.
Then he said "It's good to hear that Jan. Hans here.." Then I knew it was a joke.

But a nasty one. No person should be a person he isn't. I couldn't see Hans, I couldn't hear as good as I should. This hurts the reliability of Hans and of anybody else who's on the telephone. I expected a telephone call from someone concerning my absence through illness.

No comments: