Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy New Year

Today I read a short front page newspaper article which said that 20% of the Dutch doesn't celebrate New Year's eve. People seem to be tired of celebrating and doing things they don't want to do. It's the stress factor a page filling article in the same newspaper told. People can't handle more than a month planning for the party month December. When read it I thought of my situation. After December 5 (which is a family-day with presents for the children and grand children and poems) I was asked when I was coming to X-mas dinner with my mother. There are 2 days you must know, December 25 and 26. My mother told me that the 2nd day she would go to The Hague, to my brother and his girlfriend. So I had to go for X-mas dinner to my mum on December 25.

My sister with her 3 children would also be there. The party could begin. Pfff, I'm not used to children. I brought 3 bars fair trade, slave free, Tony chocolonely chocolate for the children with me. 2 ate some chunks of it and left it, because there was so much to do. The oldest one saved her bar though. That's what I would have done at her age.

Soon we'll have the last party of the year: December 31. I think I belong to the 20% minority.

Still I wish you a peaceful 2009!

No comments: