Sunday, September 11, 2011

nine eleven

I recorded it in my mind. Some minutes before 15.00 Amsterdam time I came home, turned on the radio and heard that a plane crashed into one of the twin towers. I turned on the TV screen, CNN, and saw the second plane fly into the other sky scraper. I was flabbergasted and knew that it must be an assault.

Yesterday I read through my written diaries and only a couple of day's after the attacks found some words referring to it.
First I compared it with the deaths in wars, later with tragic natural disasters like the Tsunami and the lack of a warning system. And now, 10 years later, I feel the pain of the victims in the towers again. When I saw in the second tower a person waving from a window to draw attention and another person (light trouser, dark shirt and hair-colour) trying to get out but then going in again, I couldn't avoid to cry.

In my country there are more and more measures to guarantee safety.
Yesterday a big helicopter patrolled or searched above the motorway and my neighborhood.
And we never hear the reason why that helicopter flew there simply it made to much noise.


I wonder can't humans be chipped like cats and dogs. Then you know anything about them just by one scan.

1 comment:

Ocean said...

Hi Jan,

I guess memory of Sep eleven stays with our generation, whoever was an adult or even old enough to know what happened that day, will never forget it. It changed the whole world and caused two wars and lots of other issues.

I hope next generations see less of these tragic events than us.

Take care