Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Mountain

It's a decision I've made already for myself. I'll climb the col de Alpe D'huez in the French Alpes.
By doing this I support the fight against cancer. The goal of the organization is to find money for making cancer a chronic instead of a mortal disease.

The main goal is to climb 1,000 meter in a 14,000 meter long road to the top of the mountain several times. Hopefully I get some people who donate some money on the account of my part of the AlpeDuZes-website which will follow later this year.

As a team of 8 cyclists we wanna raise 20,0000 Euro or more.
I'm excited how to reach so much money for the good cause.
Yeah, finally I can do something good with my more or less selfish riding.

There is one big question. To be part of the climbers I have to do a medical examination to secure my application for this ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This a fantastic thing to do. Go Jan. You are doing a great thing for others and yourself as well.

God bless you,

Ocean