Tuesday, February 07, 2012

lean

At work we have had some workshops about lean. What is it is my first thought when I heard before that we are going to work more lean. When I googled the word lean I found this embedded video.



That opened some doors, we are talking about (Toyota) Kata. Kata is the ongoing process of improvement of your products of production process. My idea is that it is a part of how the employee approaches his work. Do I get the best result if I do this or that. Or there would be less bottlenecks if the process would be like this instead of that. Kanban, Just in Time management and the other stuff from logistics. But in fact it is a management tool how to cut the costs.

This is my last post without. Tomorrow I'll see the orthodontist for my brace. I'll have it for a couple of years. The quad-helix will be for 6 months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,

Good luck with braces!
Stay warm. It must be very cold there.

Take care