Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Short breaks give new ideas.

Tuesday, well this day started rainy but now the sun shines at last. September will started sunny and bright with temperatures above 20 degrees Celsius. This will make my weekend. This is also a good week to have a short break. Thursday September 5th , Friday and Monday I'm off duty. I want to cycle a lot.

Why do I want that? Maybe it's a kind of escapism because there is so much to do inside my house. I got to paint several things, fix lighting on the ceiling, clean-up the cellar and my balcony (the seasonal flowers are almost rotten away because of the awesome rain in the last month (this was the worst rainy august in 150 years)).
Maybe it's because this is the last long enough sunny warm period of the year to cycle.

Maybe it's because short breaks give new ideas. Every weekend I have the chance to refill and on Monday work goes easily. Not that I'm stressed at the end of the week but you're focusing to much on a few thing. Then I get a very narrow minded person. So my dishes won't be cleaned and are piled up in the kitchen till I need to wash them. (I'm very very old fashioned concerning a dish washmachine. It's good to do your dishes manually. It give time to think. It's also cheaper.)

In October the employees of the municipality I'm working in have the possibly to sign a bill of integrity. I'm laughing at it. I won't sign it.. It's worth nothing. Integrity comes from within. Also it doesn't matter if you've signed the bill or not. If you did something wrong according integrity, the "punishment" will be the same. You're not a different employee.


 Posted by Hello

No comments: