Tuesday, May 09, 2006

preparation

Momentarily the holiday-season preparations start for a lot of people. Some book in advance to make sure they can stay at their favorite resort. Others go on the good luck a traveller often has, thinking nothing can happen to me, au bonne voie. In my youth we often travelled that way. Often the car has a breakdown or we found ourselves in hospitals with a broken ankle. But we went on and had a "terrific" holiday. It depends on who describes the holiday.
As member of a broken family I always have had the difficulty to be loyal to one part of the family. My loyality was diverted in some way. It wasn't often a terrific vacation.

And those vacation didn't come until the last couple of years.
I discoverd biking as the ultimate vacation tool for me.
Years ago I bought a bike and Friday I got a new one. The first one on the picture.



Actually I'm thinking where to go exactly. Calais-Dover for a start, then the south of England, Exeter, Stonehenge, Land's End? I'm thinking.... anybody fresh ideas?

No comments: