Saturday, May 19, 2007

Overestimation

Sometimes people overestimate themselves. I overestimated myself 2 days ago riding on my bicycle north to visit my mother. I thought it would be an easy trip but the rain in the morning when I left, the wind and lower temperatures than I expected, made my calculation of what I could ride a little bit opportunistic so to say.

I calculated before I left home I would cycle at least 200 kilometer. After 50k I had a stop to have a cup of cappuccino. That was refreshing. After another 50k I crossed the IJssel bridge at Zwolle. That means 80k to go on the shortest route.

As I wanted to go along the house where I was born


I decided the night before to cycle another 20k plus.
I made it to the house, even photographed it and some kilometers further.
Then I had 2 possibilities. Option 1 go to the nearest train station and go by train, or option 2 cycle for at least 30k. I choose the first because I was feeling a little bit cold, I wouldn't make it before 19.00 pm and the tour had to be fun
I made some miscalculations and overestimated myself I think.

No comments: