Thursday, October 11, 2007

Referendum

Yesterday we have had a referendum because we need a new mayor on January 1 2008.
A month ago an application-committee chose 2 applicant (out of 26 candidates) between the citizens could choose. 2 Members of the same party. Almost the same background in politics, both candidate mayor were not real people mayors.
They campaigned 3 weeks and couldn't get close to the people resulting in a polling rate of less than 10%!

My ill neighbor, this week on holiday, I suggested to vote for her. Well at least my polling station had 1 voter. I voted blank and made my comment on the voting bill, making my vote invalid. This could be an election in a single party state. It's a farce, a dictature of a committee who decides who can be voted for.

Don't fool citizens with elections which aren't democratic at all.

No comments: