Sunday, October 26, 2008

Everything in perspective


Thanks Ocean, maybe my blog is in the essence a way to put thoughts in perspective. In my native language we say wie schrijft die blijft. It is a saying originally from business administration meaning that it's necessary for the continuity of an organisation to keep the books in a proper way.

At present the expression is used also to say that a writer remains (well)known after death. Of course it's used in relative sense, but it's absolutely true. If one does his work properly he can stay.
Last week I had my RGW and it was worse than the previous one in December 2006. My team leader and I have a different opinion on how to deal with work that has to be done. I can do better maybe.

I'll change some things but what can't be changed, can't.

Yesterday I've had a time trial at the end of the season of the Sunday club-cycling.
The result wasn't good at all. I rode as a sack potatoes on a bicycle. I couldn't make the real speed which is needed on a small distance of 10.4 kilometer. Maybe my season was too long? More people complaint that they had no power. Well, now we'll have a long period to recover.

And of course there is the financial crisis. In fact, months before the real crunch of the stockmarkets in the world France was warned by their economists.
I photographed in June '08 one bilboard in Avignon announcing a debate about the financial crisis and the impact on the real economy.
Did I have a feeling on that moment that things would go this way? No. I didn't.

It's time for a change!

Ocean, Sarah, Caren and all the others, our generation has to do things different!!We got to think out of the box, think local and act global. We got to learn from eachother more.

No comments: