Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Peace

In the midst of on economic crisis nations realize what's more important than economic prosperity. That's a long and durable peace.

I know there are some people who ignore that. Like an Israeli Professor, but his country is constantly at war. Israels Prime Minister Netanyahu prefers a long and durable peace with the Arab world. Watch and see how this episode in the history of the Israelites continues....

The Netherlands did host the World Forum on Afghanistan today. Appr. 70 countries were in The Hague to show unity. Some citizen in The Hague said that their city needed this Forum to show their importance to the World (of course there are some temporary tribunals of the International Court of Justice and it's headquarter)
It needed to be a success. Well, saying that some 70 countries talked about the Afghan situation they had their success before the chairman opened the meeting.

Today was a really fine day. Time to enjoy the sun. In my lunchbreak I went outside to eat an Italian icecream. Sitting in the sun close to a small sluice in the river. Because of the running water from the sluice I didn't hear the city noise.

At 1 pm my colleage and I had an appointment with another department. My colleage works temporarily at another location and forgot the meeting. After a phonecall he did come with some delay. Actually I forgot the meeting too, but Outlook reminded me when I was upstairs again. It must be the tranquillity of the afternoon.

Days when everything works out without troubles are really fine days. And this was one of them, one day of peace.

No comments: