Sunday, May 30, 2010

Energy

When I look out of my kitchen window I can ships sail by with containers as a cargo. Often I see LNG-ships or ships with scrap-metal sailing by.
When I see the bulk ships with coals I must think of the coal driven energy plants and the pollution, the climate change goals, the disastrous Copenhagen 2009 Climate conference, the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, and so on.

Countries can't reach agreements on climate change for various reasons but people can. A little less meat, air miles, less energy by using saving lights or Led lights, lower temperature in house, not spilling food and so on.
It saves not only money but also the environment for you and your children.

For example, when I was a kid in 1978 I always played in the field and on the canal.
We made a raft of wood and cans for herbicides farmers left behind. There was a lot of negligence in society, even 32 years ago. In the eighties of last century the awareness grew that the environment could be polluted.

But still if companies can do something in favour of the environment it still isn't done automatically.
What about energy used by ordinary people like you and me? Companies deliver the energy no matter where it comes from (coal or nuclear plants, wind or water energy, it's all the same power) This energy is grey.

But if you really want you can make your part green.
So I changed my contract with my energy supplier. The energy I use from now on is guaranteed green. So I'm a little bit greener from this day.

No comments: