Saturday, February 19, 2011

New walk

E. is traveling to Argentina.
First she takes a summer school course of 2 weeks in Buenos Aires to learn more Spanish. Then she will travel around for 2 weeks.
Great of E., the girl with the big mouth. Everybody loves E. In no time
she will have many friends down there in that big country.

I think it is a wise decision to learn some words Spanish. Probably you won't get in touch with the locals and it is also and act of respect to the people to talk with them in their own language. Anyhow, at this moment Arnon Grunberg is also in Argentina. No coincidence that she doesn't like the writer. That they choose the same destination is a coincidence.

I wonder what Grunberg thinks when he would see E. deboarding the airplane. When she gets her luggage, would he wonder if it would be a trolley or a backpack?
E. is more of the trolley department and she owns the complete Ministry of funny walks (a mutual colleague said that). How would she walk away with 4 weeks of luggage in her trolley? What walk would accompany?
Or would she have a backpack? I can't believe that. E. needs a strange new walk.

Yeah, I'm making fun of E. But I've never met the real E., else I would know how she handles her luggage.

1 comment:

Ocean said...

Hi Jan,

I don't know who is E? but traveling to Argentina now sounds like fun.

Have a warm and safe winter day.