Sunday, March 20, 2011

drop

To drop a line.

Drop is the plural of dropje.
Drop are Dutch sweets made of the extraction from the dried roots of Glycyrrhiza glabra by hot water under pressure and then concentrated. Mixed with starch from potatoes or Arabic gum drop has been made. The color is pitch black.
It's a Dutch equivalent of chewing gum. Some drop are sticky but at least you can swallow it.

This weekend I swallowed a lot of drop. Probably because I'm getting nervous of the dental correction. At least I can have a dropje now (or a lot)

What happened Friday is something I mentioned before. I signalled it before.
The fact is that E. is back in town. She was only 3 and a half week in Buenos Aires. She called my colleague, who wasn't in. I answered the phone and we had some smalltalk. I didn't ask her about her funny walk only if she refreshed herself. And that she did.

The 2 dogs of last post represent the bond between animals when they face hard times. When a human doesn't calculate on those moments he stays with his wounded friend. Like being brothers in arms on the battlefield. It's not behavior only for humans I conclude.
What did the camera crew do? Humans have the right to get medicare and the crew has the duty to get the care. Different dogs? I don't think so.

No comments: