Sunday, March 20, 2005

Photo's and the Terri Schiavo case

The last day of the weekend. I have to go out for a while and I need to shoot some photo's.
Well I came home totally wet after 20 kilometer cycling. I'm not okay right now. I still got the virus. Alright!!!

But in the evening news I saw again how politicians and other people (mis)use the Terri Schiavo case for their own good.
Terri is in a deep coma, for 14 years now. Her husband asked to stop the feeding.
For a lot of people their relatives will decide. Better is to make a last will when something like this happens. But this 14 years of vegative coma is not normal. Normally patients in such conditions die.
The question is when to stop medical treatment. If a person in coma only exist because there is a feeding tube let that person live. But when complications occur let that person go and react on the symptoms of pain only. A person has a right to die!

For me personally it's not really difficult; stop feeding me after a year being vegative. I got through a 24 day's coma and I think I know how it is being on a GCS of 111; it's a nightmare believe me. I know how it feels to get stronger too. But I also know the people who are in a real bad condition after 4 weeks.
So Americans pray for her but don't resist justice and the will of her closest relative. So let her die peaceful.



spring


the training facility for cycling teams in Utrecht and the national selection mountainbike


the grass gets greener