Thursday, February 09, 2006

almost a witness

Friday at the end of my working day something terrible happened.
You must know that the street is divided by a double tramway. This tram is fast and is very silent.
When I looked over my shoulder last week I saw 4 police cars and a tram waiting apparently. When I looked closer I saw on 70 metres distance on the side of the tramway a body. The ambulance came but the personnel only checked the body. She (as local news told in the evening) seemed to be dead. 70 metres from me it happened that someone lost her life. I didn't hear or see anything. Maybe that's my luck. I didn't have to think constantly about it
It's astonishing how life goes on. From Monday on a lot of people crossed the busy road and tramway on the same spot where the woman died.
Yesterday I heard that the son of my colleague is in the same class as the son of the woman who died. It's bad, but as my grandmother said long ago, life goes on.

We had a beautiful sunset this evening and the sparrows loved to play in the wind. I got a video of it But don't know how to put it on this site. So I got only a photo here.


No comments: