Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mail for mr. Zülch

A Letter I wrote to mr Zülch of the
Society for Threatened Peoples


Dear mr Zülch,

I appreciate you found time to reply at my email.

In your mail you pointed at facts in history that don't matter in this case. There have been made many mistakes in history. Maybe the exchange of Nieuw-Amsterdam (New York) and Suriname was a mistake too. What to think of neo-colonialism of Dutch multinationals nowadays?
No, mr Zülch I don't talk about these subjects nor about the French-German war, the first world war, the blitzkrieg, the second world war, the concentration camps, the role of Germany in the Baltic, Poland, Tsjechia, Austria, etcetera, etcetera. You are not to blame.

It's the way organizations like yours are looking for free publicity I criticise. My advice, go where the action is, where decisions are made and where the real responsible men and women are.
You should go to the heads of states, that also means the Serbian state and the Bosnian state. Both don't have clean hands I realize, considering the number of known war-criminals on both sides not imprisoned. But HR-organizations I don't hear and see while they should have enough power to bring out the human rights.

If you accuse me of "attacking human-rights organizations that criticise" the Netherlands, it's not my intention. Criticism is good, it sharpens your mind.
I only try to make you understand that you got to adjust yourself to certain standards of activism.
You shouldn't have used the women of Srebrenica to get some free publicity. Those women should work on better relations with their neighbors, the Serbs and Croats. They should not continue their victim-position because that doesn't solve anything. Look forward to the future and use memories to solve the pain of those memories.

I suggest to read this article

Hopefully you will do some great work for people who need it.

With regards,