Monday, January 22, 2007

intense, heavy and deathly

As I haven't written anything in the last 14 days I'll give an update of the last weeks.

I went to work, went home, went to the groceries(which I do almost daily), prepared my dinner, watched some TV, checked the Internet, went to bed, woke up the next day at 7 am and began the next day as the previous day. The weekends I did some shopping, waking up later than normal and I spent some hours on bicycle training.

looking up the dike on one of my tours.

On January 11 we had a storm over Holland, at the coastline. Inland the wind wasn't really stormy. Temperatures were quite high. Yes ocean, we had Californian highs of 15 degrees C., extraordinary, in the midst of winter!!!

On the 18th day of this year Europe had another storm. Much intenser, heavier and deathlier.
In Europe almost 50 people died, in the Netherlands 7 people lost their lives.
It was a mean one, the wind suddenly came, faded away and came back again.
Some new built houses a few kilometers away from my house were heavily damaged. One tree in a park next to my house collapsed. The 4 remaining trees in front of my house are all okay.
My house has no damage luckily. The wind only broke some pots for plants.

Last Saturday the wind blew again with lots of rain. Suddenly it was dry and the next days will be cold, below zero C. when I cycle to work. I bought some gloves today because I lost the pair I had last year and till now I didn't need them.


weather for tonight.


At work there are some rumors that an executive of another department wants to implement my work in his department. It's a bit of showing poor management quality with the civil service. Know that parts of my department concerned with this rumor is in the midst of a change, making the whole situation stressful and explosive.