Tuesday, August 03, 2010

imaginable

15 years in jail how would that feel? I can only speak for myself. I think of the lost contacts with family and friends. Not so much with society, with life as it is.

Family and friends matter but society and life will be different. Both will be in another form. There will be life. Not as it was. Just as it is. Unimaginable if you look in the future. Looking back is easy.

I saw a report from an airport where 2 men waited for their sister from Iran. They haven't seen each other for 9 years. The reporter was astonished.
I thought of Ocean and her husband. 9 Years and 30 years no physical contact with family. I can't imagine what the welcome would be or can I?

I haven't seen and spoken my step mum in a 15 years. That hurts because I got so much to say, so many things to talk over. I feel we have 15 years to catch up. I feel that time is ticking but in a part of me time has come to a halt. She has been frozen in a time capsule.
That means 15 years in a prison cell for me. Minutes go by minute, days by days, but in a part of me time stopped. The strange thing is that I don't feel myself getting older in that particular spot, only wiser.

Maybe this post is all about responsibility.

No comments: