Wednesday, September 22, 2010

c*mm*n*c*t**n

We had the State of the Union yesterday. The so called Prinsjesdag
On this day the queen had her speech from the Throne.
In this speech the plans of the Cabinet were unfolded. Sad news because the Netherlands has to cut expenses drastically. It will hurt people's spending power. Some more, others less. Of course they take the easy targets first and that are the public spending on health-care, children care, inurement in our society of foreigners, people care, civil services and civil servants. In the next 4 years the expenses have to be cut with 18 trillion Euro!

The new cabinet isn't installed yet. The parties are still negotiating. Maybe the orthodox Christian right wing with 2 seats in parliament will support the new cabinet. It's a rumor. I thought of it and wrote about earlier.

As I am in the civil service I'm supposed not to like it. Do I? No not really. I like a better leaner civil service. That means a smaller one. We need to do the same with less means, meaning a more effective service.
Management has to monitor work-processes more closely. Management has to be on the job when real important decisions have to be made. A unit-manager has more decision-power than just an advisor and the team-leader. In my unit they talk for more than a year about adjustment of the system - work on the department I worked for. Now it comes to an halt? Why didn't management intervene? Seems to be a case of bad communication.
In fact I once said in this blog that I don't like the word c*mm*n*c*t**n.

No comments: