Sunday, April 03, 2005

This photo I made on April 2.


Der nackte man mit dem Kind.
It's not an heroic statue. A statue for der Mensch und das Kind.

And yes at 21.37 Central European Time the Pope died. It was time for him.

I saw Awakening for the first time completely. I couldn't keep my attention to the movie on other occasions.
Later more about my opinion...I got to cycle 90 k.

I was home early. I fell with my bike. My speed was then some 30 k an hour. Everthing hurts, my knee, hip and elbow. I was wearing a helmet and that absorbed the collision of my head with the road. It happened in a fraction of a second. But I call recall it clearly. I rode home all by myself after whishing my team a good trip. At home I took a shower and discoverd a awfull hole in my right elbow. I decided to go to first aid. At the hospital I waited for 70 minutes to get help, which lasted 40 minutes. They X-rayed my elbow and gave a tetanus injection (the doctor thought about it because of the fall on a filthy street, but didn't give it until I asked).

Tomorrow though I take my planned day off... to get through the pain, I'll undoubetly get this night. (All the muscles you know)


Awakenings is about people who catched a virus what caused them to get into a semi sleeping phase which last for decades until a doctor finds a way to treat them.
Then you can say, hallelujah it's 1-0 for the passionate conservatives of the Bush clan if it were in these days of the early 21st century. Unluckily for the patients had their setbacks and every now and then the awake.
For Bush cs. this TV movie is real (referring to the Schiavo-case), but it didn't happen in real (did it?).

For people like the victims in the movie it's a horror to get out of their vegetative state of being, remembering how live was. A user of the IMDb describes these patients as if there were in a coma. This is untrue. When they are in a so called coma for so long they are in a vegetative state of being.
A coma never last more that 4 weeks in that period the eyes are closed and one has no control over vital bodyfunctions.
This situation alters by itself. The patient dies or transforms into a vegetative state of being. Eyes are opened without being able to see. They have a day-night ritm and basic bodyfunction do work again. This situation can last forever.

Back to the movie. Robert de Niro, who was the patient Leonard, showed a good piece of acting. For me he showed the essence of this state of being. Being full of questions, working on yourself, being angry, being yourself and cherish short moments of happiness as great joy. You might say he's overacting. But he isn't. He only emphasizes in his acting the shortcomings of Leonard Lowe.