Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday

No newspaper today but there are initiatives to market a Sunday newspaper. Unfortunately the biggest one is postponed. It might be a free paper, maybe like the free Metro. You can get this paper on the many public transport points in the country. The Metro concept is originally from Scandinavia.

Saturday I was downtown on my bike when my eye catched something strange at a bus stop. It looked like someone was overrun by the bus. When I passed by I saw a man without shoes, grey socks, a brown trouser and a leather jacket lying under the bus.
The last wheels might have overrun him. The man is seriously, not dangerously wounded.
This affected me a little during the rest of Saturday. It made me think about what could have happened. About the impact that such incident could have on the person and his family.

Today I cycled again 57 k and on the river dike stretch I looked over my shoulder and lost control over my bike and came in the verge of the road. Not really a grassy one but one with nasty stones. I slipped trying to avoid those sharp bricks. On one side the fence at the slope of the dike, left the save flat road. Luckily I could control the bike.
I'm on schedule to ride my record year-distance and more important I'm still fit and sharp to continue riding.