Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Close call??

Last night was the big debate I told about. Nobody from the media has published a result who won the debate. They're always so quick. But now they don't say a word. Is this the unsuspected ethics the media has?
I don't think so. Tonight, 10 minutes before polling stations will close, a media station will publish a exit poll.. If you hurry you can be an important voter!!!

20.50 Pm, 10 minutes before closing time of the polling stations I hurried to my station. Not to vote but to check the finishing of the voting process. It's very easy. The chairman shuts the station and dismantles the voting machine. The machine contains a disc which is ejected and being sealed. One member of the voting committee bring the disc to the town-hall. The voting machine also gives a survey how the votes were divided. This is the back-up if something goes wrong with the disc. It should be put in a sealed envelop. There was some confusion when the envelop wasn't there. The members solved the problem. with another smaller envelop.

I think the members have to prepare themselves for these things. This should not happen. Also the transparency should be larger. Also there should be an independent surveyor at the polling station.
Also the important disc shouldn't be brought by one person to the town-hall. This should be done by 2 persons.

It was good to see how it worked. Next regular election is in March 2007.

The whole election is a shame for the party I voter for. Next time I choose the party Holland doesn't need most but I need most.