Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Netherlands today; newspaper cover: gays and sports still taboo

I read something written by Gorbatsjov (former Sovjet leader) this morning and noticed that the world has changed.
For example, he wrote that we enter the 4th decade after WWII without war in Europe.
I wondered if he ever thought to rewrite his book and give his vision on the world with the globalization of today. Could be interesting.

Today I didn't do anything yet. Thursday night I visited a wedding party... at 3 am I was in my bed. I drank much but controlled everything, the beer felt like water. I can't say I was drunk but I certainly was.
But okay, after 4 hours of sleep I woke up and went to work. Some of my department were invited and nobody who stayed till the end was at work. They all took a day of.
Okay not me, I didn't feel sick or what. Only I felt being on a ship in rough weather. At 4 pm the ship I felt I was aboard was on the middle of the ocean. I was time to go home.

I still go to read the paper of today, do some shopping and write some thought down.
So I expect another post today.

Well I read the paper yet. The front page opened today with an article about a Dutch bank which went bankrupt in 2005.
There is not much news here or it must certainly be the election campaign here.
The polls say that the opposition party PvdA is losing seats in the Dutch house of representatives, de Tweede Kamer. The ideas the party has are approved by the people but this does not reult in votes. That is very alarming for the party.