Sunday, April 30, 2006

changing rules






In the Netherlands we had a national holiday. Actually it should be today, April 30 is queensday or the birthday of the previous queen. But not today. It's a Sunday and on Sunday's we can't celebrate. That's the opinion of christians and the christian politicians.

I think that is something to be ashamed of. This year it's a Sunday, next year a Monday. This society, our society, says it is a nation with seperation of politics and religion. I don't understand. We always tell others what to do, how to act. But what about ourselves?

I often cycle on the cycle tracks in town. People should not walk on the cycletrack because cyclists can't go any ware, I always say to myself.
Until yesterday. I walked on the cycle track when 6 cyclist rang their bells. I jumped on the pavement and shouted that the road was empty on this day.
Maybe I was wrong. What I want to say is that people change rules when it's their profit. That is politics... it's all about changing rules.

No comments: