Saturday, July 22, 2006

heath

Climate change is a factor in international affairs nowadays.
More and more we realize that increasing temperatures are a prelude for what is coming. Maybe more specific is it to say that temperatures show more fluctuation tending to be higher.

Some newsgroups deny it. People can point at regions where temperature has dropped, where summers were actually colder than normally. That's why I am more specific.

In Europe we have a heath wave which is in the Netherlands extraordinary. It never happened that July gave 9 day's higher than 30 degrees C. There are 9 days left and the temperatures will remain high. Also the average temperature is high and probably will be higher than record month July 1994.

I'm not sitting on my balcony because it's to hot. I let the wind go through my house but it doesn't get any cooler. The short rain shower this afternoon was good. It didn't bring cooler air however.

Last week temperature even topped the 35 degrees. Let me tell you that I took my bicycle for a bike ride in the evening. After 40 k or so I was back home. It was to warm to ride.

Last night I did the same race on a later moment. When I arrived at the racing track I saw that the sun had set the grass and trees along the track on fire. The fire-brigade came and put out the fire.
I saw a new fire and put it out with sand. A second fire engine arrived moments later. They could do nothing else than put some water over the fire place.

While writing this I see a parallel with the fire place called earth.
The middle east; set on fire again, Israel-Lebanon
Somalia; the tone of war against Ethiopia.
Hateful tongues of demonstrators tell nothing but war rhetoric.
Those hateful tongues don't do anything to extinguish the fire.
Bury the fire under the sand of voices telling that we don't want another war, just peace.

No comments: