Saturday, July 15, 2006

Monstertour

In the last post I dreamt about a monstertour to the north.
Today was the day I did it.

Starting at 9.35 am and finishing at 10.05 pm, I cycled for 10 hours and 20 minutes today. The distance? 243 k I believe. I never did that on a racing bike.

After 40 k I reached Amesterdam. A lot of people were running in the park along the Ei (a historical place because here the river mouthed into the Southern sea)
I easily went along Durgerdam, Holysloot and Marken.


In Enkhuizen I had cycled 120 k when I reached the road through lake Ijssel and lake Marken The picture is what I saw flying over this dike in 2004. You can can see that even the colour of the water is different.

After 160 k I was sick of being stuck in Lelystad (built on the bottem of the sea), a town with a 70's infrastructure.
You never can find your way in these kind of towns. It took me a lot of time. (Amsterdam is better, if you stay on the mainroads)

But I made it to Harderwijk (back on the old land). From there it was easy to get back home. (in the meantime I discovered a bypass aroud Amersfoort).

It was very windy and the temperature was good (around 25 C) So I can't complain.

No comments: