Saturday, July 08, 2006

jobtalk

Thursday the office had a farewell party on the terrace of a local pub. The picnic in a park was cancelled due to bad weather expectations. It wasn't necessary to cancel the picnic because the weather was fine and every one had the mood to go to the park.
Okay in the pub we had lemonade, fresh beer and -bitter balls-. (How to translate that?) And the colleagues and I enjoyed it. 4 Hours later we all wished our colleague good luck in his career.

Friday was a quiet day. It was day many people were off. So on the islands in our office it looked like every one was stranded on an uninhabited island.

At the end of the day I had a conversation with our interim manager. He has talked with every one except me and another colleague. The im. wanted to know what kind people he has to deal with. He asked about my education, how I got my job, what my attitude is in this job, what I want to achieve and what I think is positive and negative in this organization.

Well to say something about the last thing mentioned. I have a feeling (especially now, a week after my holiday) that the department is devided in 3 factions. There are changes before the end of the year and that creates tensions.
For example the workhours registration. One coordinator is right on top of it, controlling everything. The other coordinator has a more control attitude. While in the third group the responsibility is for the employee himself. It will not really be checked. If there are irregularities you got to talk yourself out of it and some registration is clever.
I only told him some global worries.

I didn't give him an example of how the atmosphere is poissonned at the moment. Like the way a coordinator talks about an employee. Confidencial information and the way he talks about it.

Maybe I am wrong but if the spiral is down then some people will resign when they're offered a better job.

Some photo's, under which my holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Cool Pictures!!! Glad you had such a nice trip and holiday. From what I understand you Dutch get a lot of free time off from work{at least a now, visiting Dutch friend has said.... He is here visiting my Brother for 1 month}. You all seem to work very hard while at work too. ~Bravo You!~ I would stear very far away from work gossip. Seems to me it can only harm you not help you. Good Luck.