Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How's life?

So much is going on these day's.

- Israel is bombing Hamas (unbelievable why civilians, especially children and women aren't in shelters. Are they used as human shields?) and the world community is not doing it's utmost to seize fire, or is it?

- The financial credit-crunch is still going on. The impact on the man in the street is growing.

- Obama is only one week away from his presidency.

- Hillary Clinton is almost minister of foreign affairs (is this the name?) She wants the USA to lead the free world again. This leadership needs support of the allies.
When writing this I think allies will always support. It only depends on how far the allies will support the USA. Obama won the election with faith and change. That's what there must be. The situation has changed dramatically in the past years. 8 Years Bush did harm the USA and the world.

- Holland has an obligation to be in Afghanistan in a peacekeeping and rebuilding role till 2010. We might support the Afghanistan mission after 2010.

- In Holland the ice is melting but the winter isn´t over.

- In the Ukraine are again troubles with Russia about the gas-supply to Europe. Eastern Europe is held hostage to to supply gas because the Ukraine in it's role as distributor has debts to Russia. In the midst of winter Hungary, Romania, Slovakya, the Tsjech republic, Germany, Poland have gas shortages. This happening for the 3rd year now. People already died of the cold. The Russians are unreliable from this point of view. Maybe the Ukraine plays a role in it I don't know. They have the benefits of the doubt.

- Life is okay. I got a new coffee machine which makes good coffee. Having a cup of coffee I write my blog. I still cycle, even in winter. After Christmas in the cold dry weather I cycled in total 200K. I feel fine.

- 2 day's ago I made a trip of 50K and found a photo camera, worth €150,=. I made a call of it with the Municipality I found it. The Internet makes life very easy.

- What's not going very well is my neighbor. The cancer is poisoning her liver. However she gets nutrition, she doesn't gain weight. So she decided 5 day's ago to stop the supply of nutrition with a drain. She gets weaker day by day. Last time I saw her was December 27.

No comments: