Sunday, January 18, 2009

Israel, Palestine -seize fire-

Yesterday Israel said that they met their goals. Today the Palestinians answered with a seize fire. Hopefully they stop the war efforts.
Probably this hope is idle because Hamas will succeed to rearm itself. That will allow Israel to attack again.
The stupidity of Israel is that they don't see that suppressed people will finally get away with the suppression. They'll fight for it.

I don't think Hamas is the right party for the Palestinians but they chose them in a democratic election. Why shouldn't the western world talk to them. Maybe they could learn some international diplomacy and that words are easier than the bombs they use.

Hamas has to build Palestine up from the bottom. Maybe the UN has to help the Palestinians as the UN does for many countries with a poor administration. Maybe even the EU could help. They got some expertise on the Balkan.

Economically a port in Gaza-city could boost the internal economy. That port has been hardly used. Hamas really didn't stimulate the economy. That's what they should do now.
A fishing industry for the local economy, outsourcing cheap labour to Israel, export of agricultural produce, tourist industry, maybe even a tax haven. And if the Jews are smart with money, why aren't the Palestinians? At least, the Hamas-leaders aren't.

-------
I was watching the inauguration concert on Sunday 18 January, when I heard the song "higher Ground". The melody was very familiar. Looking on the internet it was RHCP's song. Originally Stevie Wonder's.
The lyrics
People keep on learnin
Soldiers keep on warrin
World keep on turnin
Cause it wont be too long

Powers keep on lyin
While your people keep on dyin
World keep on turnin
Cause it wont be too long

Im so darn glad he let me try it again
Cause my last time on earth I lived a whole world of sin
Im so glad that I know more than I knew then
Gonna keep on tryin
Till I reach the highest ground

Teachers keep on teachin
Preachers keep on preachin
World keep on turnin
Cause it wont be too long
Oh no

Lovers keep on lovin
Believers keep on believin
Sleepers just stop sleepin
Cause it wont be too long
Oh no

Im so glad that he let me try it again
Cause my last time on earth I lived a whole world of sin
Im so glad that I know more than I knew then
Gonna keep on tryin
Till I reach my highest ground...whew!
Till I reach my highest ground
No ones gonna bring me down
Oh no
Till I reach my highest ground
Dont you let nobody bring you down (theyll sho nuff try)
God is gonna show you higher ground
Hes the only friend you have around

Fade


It's just as my neighbor said lately when we discussed life and death.
She believes that there will be a next time on earth till life is okay. Then there will be a next level. It's actually the hope she has that everything will be different and better when she leaves the bad times behind her.

No comments: