Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gamble

After Chronic City I'm reading Fyodor Dostoyevsky's The
gambler
. A book written about 143 years ago. I enjoy it right from page 1.

I don't know what this book will tell me. I'm sure however it has some learning points.
For example playing your own game in life or the game on account of others. Guess that gambling in the 1840's might be the same as being on the stock market in these days.
If you know how the game is played you might be better off playing it on own account. That's a guess I make. There might be something changing plans. And of course a plan is a plan.

My plan was to be off work this week but I went to work yesterday. Only a short holiday of 2 weeks. My plan was to go and return to the Harz in Germany on my bicycle (goal: climb the 1100 meter high mountain Brocken).

No comments: