Sunday, November 13, 2005

1

Sports keeps a person healthy. Not only fysically but also mentally. A physiotherapist has started clinics for people with mental problems to overcome those problems with sports. He's working together with a psychotherapist.
What an idea. I knew it when I started running before my first marathon. It makes your mind empty and I could solve mathematical problems easily.
Not with cycling, it all goes faster, it's not a natural movement of your body and the position of your body is not comfortable, but you get used to it.

Yesterday the Volvo Ocean Race has left Vigo in Spain and is heading for Capetown, South Africa. That must be fysically as well mentally a hard job to do. I wonder if the boats will make it round the world, it still has some magic. I'm going to follow it on Sunday's on television and via the internet.
The internet is very helpful in these circumstances. I love the way internet can be used to get the data needed immediately.
In fact I was a data freak, maybe I'm still one.

No comments: