Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Last Goodbye

Today was the last goodbye from my colleague.
I found it emotional to show my sympathy with her 18 years old daughter. She's not ready for this loss.
10 colleagues saw her for the last time. It wasn't her. She lied in the coffin like a doll. Her face powdered to make her look better. Possibly she had pain when she died and through that mask of powder you still could see the pain.

We all were there when the coffin was closed. That was an impressive moment. Her daughter at the right hand comforted by her friend and my colleague her friend on the other side.
The moments of emotion of the daughter when she layed a doll in her mothers hands and the last view at her face. We all stood there and watched. That was impressive.

After the last goodbye 4 of us had a drink in town. Just like Picasso's famous last words drink to me, drink to my health. We all know that she can't drink anymore. Tomorrow will be the funeral.

No comments: