Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Informing

I have an opinion about informing people.
If you inform people about something that's going to change some one's personal situation you do it personally.

Management must think that it wasn't the case for them.
Thursday/Friday we all could read the Organisational plan on the Intranet. Including the plans which have huge effect on some people... to put it bluntly, your present job will be no longer there in the new organisation.
Then the employer should tell what their obligations are. He has a lot of them.
But it wasn't that way. It was just a message on the intranet.

I wrote 2 emails to the Works Council colleagues. I telephoned with 1 colleague whose job is in the danger zone. On my department I spoke with a colleague who visited the gathering about the plans. He is positive and sees chances for the present employees.
I must admit that.

If I was real cynical, I should say it's a survival of the fittest, natural selection. A Darwinian, sociological and psychological experiment.

No comments: