Monday, November 22, 2004

911 hours, 911 days, rufen sie neun eins eins an!!

In the Netherlands we're working too much, aren't we?.
According to the Minister of Economic Affairs the workload isn't enough. We only work an average of 911 hours a year per employee! (It's funny that figure.
Notice, there are also 911 days between the murder on Pim Fortuyn (May 6 2002) and Theo van Gogh (November 2 2004).
There are many parttimers and 460,000 unemployed people. If this is a sign of the state of our country, I say Minister do something!

But for individuals the solution can't be to work longer because there is no extra work. With my 36 hours a week I've a full time job. Every extra hour may be wasted. (In a normal year I make 1692 hours.)
The average figure (911) can be increased by creating work or reducing the number of people who live in the Netherlands.

After the assault on Theo van Gogh many people want to flee the country. This is the solution of the problem of the Minister.
I think that his public servants should do some research again. Then our Minister can make his comments on a basis of new figures.

I don't mind who is leaving but I'll be relieved if a lot will go away. Maybe 8 million people is enough. 50% Can leave this small enclave at the northsea.
I'm thinking about emigrating too, not in the near future though. When I'm 60 or so, plenty of time.

No comments: