Monday, November 29, 2004

Never return

Running isn't easy when you start. It's hard to take the first step.
The American James Fix said that only the first step counts. The rest will follow.
Today I had the first training of my 12-weeks scedule which hopefully leads me to run 1 hour continiously. (last Saturday I just tried my shoes)
Today I started with 40 minutes run, divided in blocks of 20, 10 and 10 minutes. Between the blocks I walked 1 minute.
I did it, I made it and now I can hardly walk 5 meters.
This week I got at least 2 more runs. (my heartbeat was 118 bpm immediately after the run. It's a hard life in the mountains.)

Now several questions and facts raise in my mind.
- Do I have also such a heartbeat on my bike?
- Is running healthy?
- How did I run 42.195 kilometer in 1995?
- 10 Years ago I had a heartbeat just after running of 80 bpm.

My conclusion of today
- Biking isn't an extreme sport.
- My running-condition isn't very good.
- 10 years ago I used my time well.
- the last 10 years are are fysically not my best years.
- I can change direction of my life but I won't return.

No comments: