Saturday, January 08, 2005

Stormywinter

Just over a year ago, winter '03, we had such weather as today, windforce 10, storm. The whistling and howling of the wind, the speed of the Dutch milkcoloured clouds, with some spots of lightblue. The trees are bending with each sweep of the wind.
The ferries to the islands in the north are cancelled. The wind is too strong for the relatively light ferries.

This weather is the reason my nick is stormywinter. I like this kind of weather. And I had to make a hotmail account. So I just looked at the weather and my name was born.

Here I am Stormywinter

update:
On my way back home from Albert Heyn (the Dutch US foodservice or Stop & Shop) I could not control my bike against the wind.
Later, after the storm reached its high, I trained some K's.

1st trip
34.19 k
25.12 k/hr
1:21:42 hr
39 k/hr
26,740 k (Giant)