Monday, December 27, 2004

Last week of 2004

Went to work, did what I'm supposed to do, went home, watched the 5 o'clock news, made some coffee and updated my blog.

What happened on the Sunday in the Indian Ocean was beyond every imagination.
Get out of the sea, leave everything behind and run for your life.
A warning system would have helped for a large part of the region. Such a system is in use for the pacific ocean since 1948. It's cheap and easy. Better communication between the countries on the Indian Ocean would help too. Transistor radios can be used everywhere. When the countries buried their death I hope they'll lay the foundation for an early warningsystem.
Okay, financial fundraising has not started yet. When they do, I'll contribute.

Strangly at work nobody spoke about the disaster.
I was working on checking the maintenance cost of a European well known company in the field of rehabilitation: manual and electric wheelchair's.
It appeared to me that the company adds costs to our account which they should not add. Tomorrow I'll look at it again.