Thursday, December 23, 2004

Years end

I had a busy day. Maybe because I'm at the end off the pipeline. No most likely because I'm at the end of most processes. A lot of money which has to be paid.
Remember the integrity discussions we had, I wrote about.
It doesn't help very much. Last Tuesday an announcement was made that one employee has embezzled 200,000 Euro (in US Dollar about 260,000) from the local Government.
This must be a slap in the face of our management who tries to explain the necessity of being integer.

Today I really had -an end of the year is in the air- feeling. A lot of people are off, have a short holiday, or don't come back before next year. They drop by at the end of the day to say they're off and wish all happy day's.

This weekend I've had a mail of a fellow traveler I met in Sweden on a camping site.
He was going from the Northcape Norway, to Sicily, Italy by foot.
He must have arrived and on January 3 I'm invited to come to Germany for a kind of price he'll receive.
It can be done by train, so may be I'll be there in Duisburg.

I ran into this a series of pictures of imprisoned man and women between 1915 and 1937.
No names, no backgrounds, just a number.
Number 217, photo at 8-27-36, how old was she? She could have lived through the seventies. I could have known her. The resemblance, it's funny and saddening too.