Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saturday

Saturday.. I just did the necessary things I had to do. Feeling almost done enough for today.

At last I heard something that was not said in the last 10 years.
A friend of my mother's was in Srebrenica at the time of the genocide in July 1995.
He told me that he was gone to a riverside outside of the compound on instigation of a local. His companions saw some bodies, executed lying on the riverbank. He told me that he was looking out for Serbs at the entrance of the yard where the bodies were found.
On a hearing in the Hague on Friday May 12, he told that he saw 10 bodies of men executed. He said that the Dutch Bataljon heard some shooting on July 11-12, which could not be related to fighting.
That friend excused himself being too soft at that time as an (UN-)Army.
That doesn't help the thousands executed in those days.

No comments: