Monday, May 02, 2005

Tres fatigué

The exceptional weather yesterday with temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius in some areas made me sweating just a little too much during the 90 k ride.
This morning I still bear the negative consequences of it. I felt tired all the time and when I came at work I was sweating already. The whole day I felt bad.
But inside the building temperature wasn't okay. My colleagues and I didn't feel well.
In 2 months time (March 4 till May 1) temperature went from -20 degrees to +30 degrees Celsius!!!
I realize it at the moment I write this.

My holiday starts the June 10 so some preparation is necessary.
The maps of my previous trip aren't sufficient. I got to buy new ones but nervertheless I know what I want: cart# 12 and #31 of the IGN series.
But fortunately I already got to go to the fietsvakantiewinkel in Woerden for a route from Maastricht to Basel by bike.
16 May will be my testride for this vacation. If the weather will be fine I'll cycle at least 180 kilometers that day.

We had some minor rainshowers in the evening. The birds are singing in the late evening sky.
Although the sun set half an hour ago it's still light outside with a clear sky and no wind.
Maybe, time for a glass of wine to fall asleep immediately.

No comments: