Monday, February 21, 2005

Birthday

My first birthday since writing in a blog.
My mother and her friend Be came over from The Hague. And we had a pleasant chat about life, death, cancer, dead cats, politics and so on.
Also we talked about possible removal to France.

Be has had cancer and had an operation some years ago. happily it all seems to be okay. Every 6 months he must visit his doctor who checks some indicators like the PSA blood value.
But now when B. (my colleague,I talked about her last Friday) has an agressive form of cancer I asked Be what's going to happen next. It seems that all doctors have the same protocol. In the case of my colleague there are a lot of buts.

In fact life is hard. The counter is going up and every year is one year closer to the appointment with mr. Death. I just speak for my self. Sometimes people miss the appointment. Maybe they become the old soldiers from whom is said they never die.

No comments: