Wednesday, February 09, 2005

membership

This month I became a member of the trade union. The largest union in the Netherlands. This present government thought the unions were not vital anymore.
They thought that employers would not unite against them when the government came with plans about pensions and retirement. On the day of the mass demo in Amsterdam in November 04 I really confronted myself with being a member or not. Actually I've been thinking about it for years now but the demo was the trigger.

Also I'm a member of a politic party. That's to know what's going on in the party I'll probably vote in the national election year.
When we can vote local I had the idea this week to vote enviromentally. Which will be a green party with some influence.

You must know that I live close to one of the busiest road of the country and that the exposure to small dust particles here is worse than any other place in Europe. Knowing that traffic is going to explode in the future I can do 2 things. Move to another place just further away, 20 k or so. Or fight against windmills, also known as cars, automobiles, planes, trains.
This area isn't very good for heart, lungs and health in general. People here live 2 years less than Dutch in better situated area's