Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bad luck

It was a strange day indeed.
The day started with rain. The last time I had to go through showers to work is what I wrote in this blog. If you can find it!
That's not a bad thing but it had to be dry in the afternoon because the 1 hour cycling time trial was going on at 7 pm. On a slippery road riding is dangerous.
In my mind I had a complete scheme what to do today. Only parts were accomplished.
At work I would have a meeting with someone else. It just slipped through. At 2 pm it was still nasty weather. I would take away a meal from a Chinese restaurant. It appeared to be closed on Tuesdays. I came on time at the cycle track but I was one hour to early, happily the weather changed for the better. When I bought a starting number (10) I still had to wait 20 minutes.
The last 10 minutes before start I was riding down the track and felt that my back tire had a strange vibration (aluminum cycles conduct every malfunction very good). I checked my tires and didn't notice anything.

2 minutes before start I heard the air in the tire suck out. I tried to air it but it came out with the same speed.
What had to be the highpoint of the day became the (almost) deepest point in my cycle history. I mean I never had a flat tire since the one in the first year of my Giant (bicycle brand), almost 8 years ago.
I cycled more than 28,000 kilometers and my second flat tire prevents me to race my race. That's bad luck.

(Now my bike is de-montaged. The wheels are apart from the frame. I'll buy 2 new tires and clean the wheels, the brakes and so on)

No comments: