Monday, August 22, 2005

Time to imagine


I was home early due to running a batch on the main computer system. At 4 I went home. Because of the good weather and the fact that I didn't have to do anything but my laundry (still waiting) I went for a walk through the neighborhood.

I stopped were I made the panorama above. It's an old river, canalized however, but long ago it was a branch river of the huge undiked Rhine. It was the border of the Roman empire. It's just 500 meters from my house... When I was learning that kind of facts at school years ago, I would not believe that I would now in 2005 live on that border. This is where history is written. Here the fights between the Romans and tribes on the north side of the Rhine (Germania inferior) took place. Imagine it, it is only 2000 years ago.

No comments: