Saturday, August 20, 2005

Saturday

Click these photo's for a larger image



Sail Amsterdam is going on this weekend. I think I gonna cycle to the IJ-haven, the port were the Tall ships are. It will be very crowded so I think on my racing bike I don't have any chance to see anything. In spite of that I'll go on my bike. When I'm back it must be 100 k. Still got much to do. Got to go to the grocery store, do my laundry and of course got to cycle.

The ride to Amsterdam was good. The front wind I had all the way to Amsterdam didn't mind. I saw some of the ships and made a few pictures.
Back I rode a higher tempo but I did it with ease. I stopped to eat some bread and drank ice tea and coke cola.
Before I went to A'dam I gave my tyres the right pressure at the cycle shop. A young woman with an old second bicycle tried to put some air in the tyre. It seemed that she didn't know how to handle the pump. I offered her my help and put some air in. She was pleased but one second later a loud bang told me that the tyre was gone. It was old and rotten. She had to buy a new tyre.

And at 19.25 pm we had rain. I catched a falling raindrop on my balcony.

No comments: