Sunday, August 28, 2005

Woke up at 8.30 am.

I was going to be a wonderful day. I made 2 croissants and had my yogurt and I didn't forget my pill.
I read the newspaper (opinions and an article for instance about foster parents and families) and a magazine with an article about youngsters in their twenty's who change believe from Christian or Atheist to become a Muslim.
The article gives the answer. It's only a sign of time. In the sixties the Marxism came up and the seventies had Bhagwan and Hare Krishnah.
In fact this mixing of cultures is good. It gives more understanding.
In the Netherlands we have the multicultural society. After the murder of Dutch right wing politician Pim Fortuyn by an animals rights activist and the murder of Theo van Gogh by a Religious Fascist this multicultural being of the Dutch society is changing rapidly. The firm language of certain politicians against defenders of the multicultural Holland. It's almost a slapstick and you could laugh if it wasn't the reality.

I had my cycle tour today almost 3 hours against a fierce wind. Happily I'm not in New Orleans in the next 48 hours. Take care....

No comments: