Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday, almost a bloody Sunday

Again I cycled with a group of cyclist united it "Ledig Erf".
People who love to cycle 80 k on a Sunday afternoon.
Startpoint is a bar in the center of Utrecht.
30 Or 40 riders join there in front of the bar to wait for the startsignal at around 1 PM.
Firstly the A-rider depart (they go around 40 k/hr), after them the B-group (35 k/hr) and at last the C's (30K/hr)

Today my riding was not very focussed on riding. I could easily follow and I was the quickest uphill.
But the second hill I almost collided with an oncoming biker. I was going uphill and rode at the leftside of the road because In wanted to pass some rider. Suddenly I heard a scream; "Moron!!!"
With topspeed something passed me. I didn't see him (according to the sound of the voice it was a he). I know I was wrong and have been very lucky. From then on I rode my own race. All the hills I was first on top. Constantly my mind was focussed on that almost collission.
I made it my own race because that scream made me think about my brother and I. I always called him a moron, when he did something stupid in my eyes.
Now I was very stupid. The race went on and on the dike back home I was a bit to early for the traditional sprint. A fourth place was what a got but back on Ledig Erf a cold beer was my reward.

occasionally I drive like a mad cow, or a moron.

Stats:
93.17 k
29.07 k/hr
3.12'.17" hr
51 k/hr (maximum speed)
26604 k (total on my bike)
2894 k (total in 2004)

No comments: