Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Time (of my life)

Today I stood up at seven in the morning. It was raining and it was like everything was stood still. A kind of silence in the street I didn't experience much in the two years I rent this house. When I went to work it was still raining and the weatherservice said that especially the midday would be rainy. I decided to walk to my office. After 15 minutes I was almost arrived at the spot when I had a feeling of some time ago. Walking gives me time to think about everything and nothing, what I have to do, etcetera. Also I didn't need some time to adjust to the situation on my desk. I used to travel almost 2 hours to my work. That gave me time to think about the things I had to do. After I found an apartment in Utrecht (that is the city I live in, 300,000 inhabitants, central in The Netherlands, close to Amsterdam) I cycled 20 minutes and that gave also time for adaptation and seeing my work in perpective, also in relation with my personal life.

No comments: